Monday, November 26, 2007

Week 6 No 14 Technorati

Technorati is a search tool for blogs. Currently over 50 million blogs exist. Yesterday I looked at www.technorati.com Technorati allows you to search blogs by either searching keywords in the blog posts, by searching tags within the entire blog posts, or by searching for registered and tagged blogs. I used technorati to search 'learning 2.0' in the advanced search mode. Blog post search resulted in 26,828 hits, this search, searched word or phrases as a keyword search in the entire post of a blog in English. By searching 'Learning 2.0' in tags, I received 1,926 posts, this is a category search, like a subject search in tags only of blogs. By searching 'learning 2.0' in blog directory I received 813 hits. This search, searched blogs about the topic.

I looked at popular search, and had a quick look at the 100 top blogs and the top video.

No comments: