Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week 6 No 13 Del.icio.us

Yesterday I looked at http://del.icio.us using PLCMCL2's account. I had a look at the tagged items, but as del.icio.us was so alluring I soon moved on to other searches of interest. I searched del.icio.us for 'children's health'. I was given a list of sites that are most visited on the web. I had a look at www.kidshealth.org , and found it very useful. del.icio.us also gave me a list of related tags which were also searchable by clicking on them. I than searched del.icio.us for 'weight loss' I looked at http://fitday.com which was saved by 1477 people. Comments included that this website was free, private, an online diet and weight loss journal.

Searching for topics was very easy. This is a great way to find sites that lots of others have visited. It was useful to look at the comments to see what the wider web community thought of the quality of the site. I found the list of related topics useful. It is interesting that any tag can be used not just pre-determined 'subject headings'. However the net is open to all not just librarians so why not...

No comments: