Friday, October 12, 2007

Week 3 No 7 Technology of interest, boobs

Technology of interest

On Thursday night I was speaking to a young one about the L2 course I was doing. I told her that when my children are her age I will be keeping an eye on their net use and be using filters to prevent them from accessing things I don't want them to see. She giggled loudly as she left the library she quoted http://www.unblock.com.au/. As my technology of interest I looked at this site, not impressed... you can unblock Internet filters, web content filters, bypass Internet filters. I think I will have to do a lot of work to keep track of what my children will do. The important thing will be to continue to learn with my children and not let the emerging technology get beyond me, and to supervise and maybe trust a little. I must also keep things in perspective, I have a son, so surely an interest in boobs wouldn't really be that bad. I will spare you links and photographs of what I will consider to be permissible.

No comments: